Deputy Chief Security And Safety Section Jobs Vacancy in United Nations Escap
United Nations Escap urgently required following position for Deputy Chief Security And Safety Section. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Deputy Chief Security And Safety Section Jobs Vacancy in United Nations Escap Jobs Details:
This position is located in the Security and Safety Section, Bangkok under the Department of Safety and Security. The incumbent reports to the Chief, Security and Safety Section.
- Prepares draft of security plan for for ESCAP premises, including all aspects related to elaboration, development, implementation and updating of the plan.
- Maintains continuing lines of communication with the Department of Safety and Security, ESCAP Executive Secretary, other duty station-specific management and crisis bodies (including security focal points) and resident UN organizations to ensure maximum security coordination.
- Assesses prevailing local security conditions, identifying security trends and advising UN staff, project personnel and dependents regarding their security and safety.
- Assists the Chief of Section to ensure that fire detection devices and fire-fighting equipment are available on the premises. Maintains fire evacuation plan and conducts fire drills and training as necessary.
- Assists the Chief of Section in maintaining office security by conducting physical security inspections of facilities, issuance of identity cards, if possible background checks, and entry control.
- Assists the Chief of Section in the Administration of the Section, performance management, forecasting of budgetary requirements, budget preparation, resource allocation and other financial matters pertaining to the Section and the operation of accounts devolved to SSS, and specify appropriate security related equipment
- Ensures availability of emergency communications system by making periodic checks to determine if system is functioning properly; arranges for necessary repairs or adjustments.
- Investigates security-related incidents involving UN staff members, project personnel or eligible dependent.
- Assumes responsibility for guard force management.
- Maintains protection detail for senior officials as necessary.
- Conducts security training, defines and analyses training needs, proposes training programs and oversees the elaboration of training manuals
Professionalism: Knowledge of security management combined with solid background of military or other security specialization and some political and social knowledge of country of assignment. Ability to deal effectively with stress factor when encountered in security management. Ability to apply technical skills to understand and consolidate the varying specializations such as electronics, communications, mechanics, explosives and other sophisticated devices encountered in security system management. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Leadership: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands.
Judgement/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions when necessary.
Experience in Security Management System within the United Nations or similar International Organizations is desirable. Experience in the management of security and safety services within the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
Locally recruited General Service staff members applying for this post must meet the minimum requirements, including academic qualifications and years of relevant experience. Relevant experience in the General Service category at G-6 and G-7 levels may count towards experience requirements.
ESCAP is committed to promoting diversity and gender equality within the Secretariat. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The United Nations places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The United Nations Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.